Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prepping for the Cannes Film Festival

I am preparing for my first trip to Europe next week! My husband Mike and I are going to Cannes for the Cannes Film Festival. We have a Short "Naked Sushi" in the Short Film Corner.  We have a little studio rented in Le Cannet and in Le Mougins just north of Cannes. 

Not only is this my first trip to Europe, it's my first film too.  While making Naked Sushi I was lucky enough to have been able to work with two other lovely ladies in key crew positions. My Co-producer and Cinematographer are ladies. This inspired me to want to create a film festival for movies made by women.  So, my purpose at the festival is to not only promote my film but to also promote the Lady Filmmakers Film Festival.  This site is currently under construction. I will update once we are up and running.

I still have to get my adapters and power vitamins, and my Naked Sushi t-shirts and gear picked up this week. I already have 2,500 post cards plus 2,000 biz cards to hand out.  Although I feel bad about the carbon footprint left behind with so many cards, it is the most cost effective, most bang- for -the- buck option for me at this time. Hopefully, they will get a lot of positive attention and drive people to go watch Naked Sushi!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment