Friday, May 15, 2009

Bonjour! Oh my gosh, what an amazing day!!! Firstly, check out this site with an article about Mike and I at the Short Film Corner at Cannes: http://www.fest21.com/en/blog/cannes/friendly_faces_at_the_short_film_corner. Today we slept in after a very late night out with new friends. Even though we got off to a late start we had a very good day. Three great things happened today. 1) I met with and had a wonderful discussion with one of two programmers from the Palm Springs film festival. She promised to watch my film. She shared some great insight into festival strategies and seemed interested in NS. 2) At the Happy Hour at the Palais we had several filmmakers approach us eager to chat with us about our film and they wanted to meet us-that was really nice and encouraging. 3) Tonight at dinner across from the Palais we sat next a gentleman who was sitting by himself. Our tables were practically touching so after dinner I said hello and struck up a conversation with him. Low and behold he is in the biz and very interested in seeing our film at our World Premiere tomorrow! He also liked my other pitches and is interested in investing in multiple projects. We will set up another meeting prior to heading back to la. 

We have met other writers and directors that are interested in future collaboration. It may seem pointless to some to spend a lot of time with other struggling and aspiring newbie filmmakers but i have found that they are truly worthwhile new contacts and hopefully future friends. Having an open mind and positive attitude really pays off here. I am trying to go see as many of the other short films as possible to learn from and connect. 

Last night we were taken out to dinner to an authentic Southern French Seafood Restaurant. I will give you the highlights. Those who have known me for a very long time will be shocked once they read what I ate last night! Jean-Charles (our new Parisian friend in the biz) ordered. I saw another platter on a different table and I thought I was safe because I saw shrimp and crab on this huge platter. Long story short, I wound up eating small and large sea snails and raw oyster sans sauces! The sea snails were not so bad tasting but I hated the really chewy, gummy consistency of the big, fat, and juicy ones! lol!!!  The delicious local provincial white wine helped to wash it all down thank goodness!!

After we were invited to a gathering with Jean-Charles' friends. We hung out till about 2:30pm and ventured back via taxi. It's almost midnight now and I need to send off a few more emails to short film buyers. Bon Soir.


No comments:

Post a Comment