Thursday, June 18, 2009

My First Distribution Offer!!

Hello! I know...it's been over a week! I needed to decompress and get to work on What's Next....  I had the pleasure of having an Italian filmmaker that I met in Cannes stay and visit for a few days while he attended the Dances with films film festival. Vincenzo won the honorable mention award for his clever and adorably funny short film "Being Handy". The festival had shorts and features however I saw only one block of shorts. The other Short I really liked was "Pissing Vocal Gold" (winner of the audience award). We (Amanda, Mike, Shant, and I) were invited by Vincenzo to attend their awards party event. It was held at a club at Hollywood and Highland. Appetizers & Awards  followed by dancing. My cup of tea!

Vincenzo let me assist a little with his next short film that he is filming around the world. It was a lot of fun and I learned about how he gets his footage for the green screen work he is doing. We also had a soiree for Vincenzo, and two other filmmakers AJ and Shant showed up. This turned into an impromptu mini shorts festival. They all showed their films to my friends.  This is an event that I hope to continue and help build an audience for them as well.  I will post their movie web sites soon. I am also back hard at work writing my feature comedy with my dear friend and writing partner Amanda.  I met a few producers in Cannes interested in the project.

I sent off my film festival submission screeners off to the Levante Film Festival in Italy (per their request-I met the presidente, Mimmo) and the Temecula International Film Festival (I was very lucky to meet the very friendly Jo in Cannes) this week.  So let's cross our fingers....still waiting to hear back from the LA Shorts Fest and the Sexy International Film Festival.  Still strategizing what the next choice will be for my next round of submissions.  Still missing Cannes......

Today was a great day for several reasons but I will tell you the two highlights. 1) My friend DawnMarie won a trip to Rome and she invited me to go with her!! Woohoo!!! Congrats! You deserve it! 2) This evening I received a distribution offer for Naked Sushi!! Yahoooo!! Details to follow.......:)




No comments:

Post a Comment